Sunday, November 29, 2020

Postgraduate Studies

I have many reasons to continue studying after finishing my degree in Geography. I really like learning new things every day, and I honestly I think that to be a great professional I have to study a lot and specialize in the area that I determine. It will probably be boring to have to study so much, but I think that the knowledge gained is the greatest reward.

As I said in the previous post, I have always been interested in the area of ​​risks in coastal areas, so it might be a good idea to study a course in integrated coastal zone management. This semester I chose an elective from that area and I really liked it. I would study the territorial planning that takes place on the coastal edge and the possible risks that urbanization entails in the proximity of the coast. For the same reason, I would like them to be face to face classes, to be able to go on excursions and learn things better in person, since there are many things that are not equal to theory.

I have been investigating and in Chile there are not many institutions where this postgraduate degree is carried out, in fact the elective's teacher told me that many people have had to travel abroad to specialize in that area, so I'd rather study it in a country that does teach this course, like Spain, because this country is also characterized by carrying out many postgraduate courses related to Geography and they have great prestige. Depending, of course, if I have the money to pay for it haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Postgraduate Studies

I have many reasons to continue studying after finishing my degree in Geography. I really like learning new things every day, and I honestly...